Our experienced trainers and consultants have a long history in Fire Service or fire related industries. Not only are we able to provide Fire & Emergency Training to suit your organisation but we also develop Approved Evacuation Schemes and Emergency Evacuation Procedures that meet the requirements of the Health & Safety in Employment Act and the Fire Services Act.
Our service includes the total management of six monthly Evacuation Drills. This is a requirement under the Act to keep Approved Evacuation Schemes active. Our consultants develop emergency scenarios used during drills to keep your wardens alert and active and to prepare them for any eventuality.
We offer the total Fire & Emergency package to new companies or others wishing to improve on current systems.
Recent disasters reinforce not only the need for organisations to be prepared but the home environment also. The training covers home and family fire safety and emergency preparation is embedded in all our fire training.
Fire Warden Courses
NZQA Related Courses
Fire & Emergency Wardens in the Workplace (US 18408) or
Community & Workplace Fire & Emergency Management (US 14558)
Duration: NZQA (3-3.5 Hrs) Certified (2-2.5 Hrs)
- Understand the Legal Requirements Fire Service Act 1975 and Fire Safety & Evacuations of Buildings Regulations 2006
- Understand Approved Fire Evacuation Scheme and Evacuation Procedures
- Recognise all types of emergencies
- Human behaviour when confronted by an emergency
- Procedures for a safe evacuation of occupants
- Duties of key personnel Senior/Floor/Building Warden
- Preparing the building or worksite for an emergency
- Assembly points and places of safety
- Fire prevention, detection and warning devices
- Workplace audits to ensure safe and speedy evacuation
- Maintaining a Visitors Register and a Disability Assistance Register
- Knowledge of companies own procedures
- Highlight best practise within industries
- Simulated evacuation drills (where applicable)
- Course booklet
- Unit standards entered onto the framework
- Certificate for successful trainees
- Hard and soft copy of course competency register
- Trainer’s curriculum vitae (if required)
- Register of trainees onto ACT Safety Ltd training database for refresher call ups