Fire Extinguisher Training
LENGTH: 4 Hours
TIME: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
FEES: $140 + GST per Trainee
ACT Safety Limited are members of the National Fire Trainer (NZ). Our Fire Extinguisher Training courses are offered nationwide by one of our associates.
We customise our Fire Prevention and Control of Fire training to suit your organisation. All our Fire Extinguisher Training courses provide the generic fire and emergency unit standards training and assessments and the ability to gain unit standards.
A fire in the home would have devastating effects on your employee’s personal life and consequently, their place of work. All our fire extinguisher use training covers home fire safety and ways that we can protect the vulnerable. Our fire extinguisher training reinforces the message of the Fire Service.
All fire trainees are required to extinguish a live fire. We ensure your employees not only come away with life skills, but enjoy the experience also.
We will simulate different classes of fire and various degrees of difficulty. Our fire extinguisher training systems and equipment are very safe and environmentally friendly.
Fire Extinguisher Training
Half day covers both units: Fire Extinguisher Handling (NZQA 3271) and Fire Science (NZQA 4647)
- The fire triangle fire and principles of fire suppression and the different classes of fire.
- How to identify fuel and potential fire hazards in the work place.
- Understand the range of flammability and terminology associated with fire science.
- Offers a strategy when dealing with a fire outbreak, how to select extinguishers and safe suppression techniques.
- Covers the risks associated with using a hand held extinguisher and possible adverse consequence.
- How to practically extinguish a fire using a portable extinguisher.
Fire Prevention & Control for Welders & Burners (3271/ 4647).
Although generic training can be given, it is far more beneficial to the organisation to use their own permits, procedures and scenarios.
- Covers preparation for welding and burning, fire hazards and controls fire watchers.
- Understanding standard hot work operating procedures and completing company hot work permits.
- Outlines the special requirements of confined space work and the use of gas testing for the identification of flammable environments.
Fire Hazards & Controls for Rural Workers: Half day (3271/4647)
- A fire in the open can have disastrous consequences with potential hazards to employees and members of the public. There is the possibility of injury or death and long term damage to wildlife and fauna. Companies or individuals responsible for the fire are also liable for numerous costs associated with fighting the fire and, in some cases, this can amount to millions of dollars.
- This fire extinguisher course covers fire prevention as well as enabling the trainee with the confidence to make the right decisions and what not to do. The employee will come away with the survival techniques necessary in the event of a rural fire.