Gantry Crane Training (US 30072 & US 3800)
This gantry crane training is carried out to give trainees the skills and knowledge to operate a ‘radio remote or pendant controlled overhead crane, lift and place regular loads’. Trainees will learn how to inspect their equipment and learn about the hazards and risks involved in the lifting and slinging of their loads. They will also be made aware of compliance issues and processes required by their company during the operation of the crane.
This gantry crane course consists of both units which will be completed in 1 Day as per the code of practice for; “all persons operating an overhead gantry crane”. Note: US30072 is a pre-requisite unit to US3800.
- Pre-start checks
- Isolation and lock out procedures
- Inspect lifting equipment prior to use. Includes but not limited to chains, web slings, wire rope and spreader bars.
- Lift and place regular loads
- Correct use of Crane
- Correct use of lifting equipment
- Stow crane after use
- Stow lifting equipment after use
Course Duration: 1 Day
Number of trainees: Minimum of 6 and maximum of 10 trainees
US 30072: Demonstrate and apply knowledge of slinging regular loads safely
Key outcome of gantry crane training (US 30072)
- Demonstrate knowledge of hazards, hazard control, and lift planning.
- Demonstrate knowledge of lifting gear and working load limit (WLL) tables.
- Demonstrate the process for preparing and slinging regular loads safely.
- Demonstrate knowledge of using a radio remote or pendant controlled gantry crane
- Demonstrate knowledge of radio remote or pendant controlled gantry crane components, equipment, and attachments
- Sling, lift, travel, and unload or place regular loads using a radio remote or pendant controlled gantry crane
- Park radio remote or pendant controlled gantry crane and store equipment
- Carry out daily and weekly operator maintenance of a radio remote or pendant controlled gantry crane.
US 3800: Use a radio remote or pendant controlled gantry crane to lift and place regular loads.
Key outcome of gantry crane training (US 3800)