Confined Space Training
ACT Safety Limited carries out confined space training to the Australian standard AS2865:2009. This confined space course’s standard is accepted by the Worksafe New Zealand.
- Confined Space Training & Gas Testing – Advance – NZQA unit 18426/ 17599/ 25510. Unit 3058 on request – 2 days – $450 per trainee + GST
- Confined Space Refresher & Gas Training – NZQA unit 18426 | 17599 | 25510 | 3058 – 1 day – $230 Per trainee + GST
- NZQA 18426 Hazards of Confined Space only – $230 per trainee + GST
- Confined Space Training – Infrastructure Industry – 1 day – NZQA 19207 – $250 + GST
Many companies, employers and principles require that all person who are working in confined spaces hold the above units.
However we also offer these as individual confined space units.
Hazards Associated with Confined Space
8 hours (NZQA 18426)
This is the essential safety training for all persons who are required to working in confined spaces.
Key learning outcomes of confined space training (NZQA 18426)
- This unit standard is for people working in confined spaces.
- Demonstrating knowledge of confined spaces, and their permit notification and implementation requirements
- Identifying control measures to isolate, eliminate, and minimising the risk of hazards in confined spaces
- Demonstrating knowledge of confined space testing and requirements and monitoring
- Describing duties and the responsibilities of people entering confined spaces or conducting observation duties for confined spaces
This unit standard prepare for people who want to have knowledge about operating an atmospheric testing device to determine a suitable atmosphere exists to work safely.
Key learning outcomes (NZQA 25510)
- Demonstrating knowledge of atmospheric testing in potentially hazardous environments.
- Conducting atmospheric tests
- Responding and Interpreting to atmospheric testing results
Key learning outcomes of gas testing training
- Demonstrating knowledge of gas testing related hazards in the energy and chemical industry.
- Performing gas tests in a chemical and energy plant
- Responding and Interpreting to gas test results in an energy and chemical plant.
Plan a Confined Space Entry Training (NZQA 17599)
This unit standard develop for people who may authorise a confined space entry, carry out the planning, or take charge of a confined space entry for others to enter a confined space.
This confined space standard requires that the trainee actually plans confined space entries.
Key learning outcomes of confined space training (NZQA 17599)
- This standard is for experienced people who are required to work safely in confined spaces.
- Identifying hazards and controls within confined spaces
- Developing an emergency procedure plan for a confined space
- Completing documentation required for confined space entry.
Confine Space Training – Refresher information:
To remain compliant with Health & Safety legislation and industry ‘good practice’ guidelines, trainees are generally required to refresh their confined space unit standards training every 2 years. On successful completion of the course the trainee’s wallet card will be updated and reissued with a new refresher date for the confined space unit standards they hold. (Please note that unit standards are not awarded or uploaded to NZQA on refresher training as attendees can only refresh units they already hold).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
How much does confined space training cost?
- The full confined space & gas testing course (16 hours) costs $450 per trainee + GST covering NZQA 18426/17599/25510 and optional extra Unit 3058
- The confined space course only (8 hours) costs $230 per trainee + GST which covers the following unit standards NZQA 18426
- Refresher confined space & gas testing course (8 hours) costs $230 per trainee + GST
- Gas testing course (8 hours) costs $230 per trainee + GST which covers NZQA 25510 and optional extra unit 3058
- Confined Space in the Infrastructure (Water) Industry (4-6 hours) costs $230 per trainee + GST which covers NZQA 19207
How long is confined space course?
- The full confined space & gas testing course (16 hours) – 2 Day Training Sessions cover NZQA 18426/ 17599/ 25510/ 3058
- The confined space only course (8 hours) – 1 Day Training Session covers NZQA 18426
- Refresher confined space & gas testing course (8 hours) – 1 Day Training Session covers NZQA 18426/ 17599/ 25510/ optional 3058
- Gas testing course (8 hours) – 1 Day Training Session cover NZQA 25510 and optional 3058
- Confined Space in the Infrastructure (Water) Industry (4-6 hours) – Almost a 1 Day Training Session covers NZQA 19207
How do I get a ticket for confined space?
To get a confined space ticket, you or your company can enrol you to complete one of our confined space courses. Upon completion of the course we send you or your company contact a competency report with a certificate and a wallet card
What are the four main dangers of a confined space?
Toxic Atmosphere. A toxic atmosphere may cause various acute effects, including impairment of judgement, unconsciousness and death. Oxygen Deficiency Oxygen Enrichment Flammable or Explosive Atmospheres Flowing Liquid or Free Flowing Solids Excessive Heat
Do confined space certification expire?
The units of competency do not expire, but Work Safe recommendation is that Confined Space training has to be refreshed every 2 years.
What is confined space entry training
Trainees will learn how to assess a confined space, assess hazards and risks associated with entering a confined space, how to conduct gas monitoring, planning a confined space entry and confined space rescue. They will then complete a confined space entry
What do you need to enter a confined space?
It is standard that confined space entrants need to have eye protection, ear protection, hard hats, chemically treated protective garments, hand protection, and respiratory protection, or a self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) if necessary