HEALTH AND SAFETY REPRESENTATIVE TRAINING – STAGE 1 (NZQA 29315) – 2 days
LENGTH: 16 Hours
TIME: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
FEES: $420 + GST per Trainee
This health and safety representative training course is a pre-requisite course for all Health & Safety Representatives. On this course you will cover the basic requirements for all safety representatives to enable you to work co-operatively with supervisors and managers. Companies wishing to improve their overall workplace health and safety and upskill their workforce use these health and safety and wellbeing courses as the
foundation building blocks.
Trainees will gain an understanding of the legislation; reinforce organisations safety practices and procedures. Identify hazards and
risks, develop control measures and monitor control measures for effectiveness.
NZQA 29315 Describing the role of and functions of the HSRs in a New Zealand workplace.
The purpose of this unit standard health and safety representative training is for representatives to explain and demonstrate the overall role and functions of a Health and Safety Representative in a New Zealand workplace. Representatives awarded with this standard will be able to:
1. Explaining the role and functions of the HSRs under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and its Regulations
2. Explaining the role of a HSR as an advocate for workers
3. Identifying the obligations of a PCBU and WorkSafe New Zealand towards the HSRs
4. Describing the risk management process and the importance of communicating with workers and management
5. Demonstrating and describing the powers and obligations that a HSR has in terms of issuing a provisional improvement notice (PIN) and how and when to direct a worker to cease unsafe work.