Incident Investigation Courses or Accident Investigation Training
To have an incident or accident is unfortunate; to learn nothing from it is unacceptable.
ACT Safety Ltd pride ourselves in our Incident Investigation Training. Not only do we train to a very high standard but we teach our trainees to find route cause and instigate preventive measures.
Our trainers of Incident Investigation course have many years of experience with incident investigations on the front line so they know the pitfalls and ways to overcome them. This Incident Investigation training covers the legal requirements and completion of DOL documentation, scene investigations, data collection and interviewing techniques. It gives the trainees a systematic approach to investigating incidents, enabling the root causes to be identified and develop SMARTER corrective actions. Trainees complete their company documentation, including incident investigation reporting and recording.
ACT Safety Ltd also offers an Independent Incident Investigation Service where we assist your company in the investigation of incidents or accidents.
Incident Investigation Courses
The course designed for anyone who is involved in their company’s accident investigation process.
This incident investigation course or accident investigation training is suitable for anyone who is responsible for participating in the accident investigation process, including: Business Owners, Project Managers, Site Managers, Contract Managers, Construction Managers, Health and Safety Managers, Supervisors and Foremen
Produce an occupational health and safety incident investigation (Unit 17601) 8 hours
Key learning outcomes of incident investigation training (Unit 17601)
- Explain why workplace accidents need to be reported and investigated (Ex: hassle, fear, paper work, peer pressure, etc).
- Explain the concepts of multiple causation and root-cause analysis (Ex: immediate causes, underlying causes, link between immediate and underlying causes, etc).
- Detail an incident investigation process using a hypothetical incident (Ex: prevention of escalation, administering assistance, establishing and recording the events of the incident).
Apply hazard identification and risk assessment procedures in the workplace (Unit 17602) 7 hours
Key learning outcomes of incident investigation training (Unit 17602)
- Describe hazards that may harm workers, the work environment, and organisations (Ex: injury, acute and chronic health effects, quality of life, etc)
- Explain health and safety requirements for hazard control.
- Describe hazard control methods (Ex: elimination, isolation, minimisation, etc).
Conduct an Incident Investigation at an Extraction Site (Unit 16686) 8 hours
Key learning outcomes of incident investigation training (Unit 16686)
- Explain the concepts of multiple causation and root-cause analysis (Ex: The need for focus on management systems in incident investigation is explained in terms of preventing further incidents)
- Conduct an incident investigation at an extractive site (Ex: prevention of escalation, administering assistance, isolation of the scene, establishing and recording the events of the incident, reporting the incident).