Height Safety Courses
Advanced Heights – NEW : NZQA Units 23229/15757/17600 – $450 per trainee + GST (Duration: 2 Days)
Heights Refresher : NZQA Units 23229/15757/17600 – $230 per trainee + GST (Duration: 1 Day)
Heights Harness Only – NEW : NZQA Unit 23229 – $250 per trainee + GST (Duration: 1 Day)
Safe Working at Heights – NEW/Refresher : NZQA Units 17600/25045 – $230 per trainee + GST (Duration: 1 Day)
Working at Heights Course Purpose
- Height Safety trainees undertaking this training will gain knowledge to enable them to work safely at height.
- The working at height training comprises of both theory and practical activities. The height safety training course will cover requirements under the Health and Safety in Employment (HSE) Act 1992 and HSE Regulations 1995 and Best Practice Guidelines for Working at Height.
- ACT Safety Ltd pride themselves in being able to provide height safety training to ensure competency for people to work at height safely.
Working at Heights NZQA unit standards:
- NZQA 23229 Use a safety harness for personal fall prevention when working at height (prerequisite for 15757 and 17600) Level 3 Credits 4
- NZQA 15757 Use, install, and disestablish proprietary fall arrest systems when working at height Level 3 Credits 4
- NZQA 17600 Explain safe work practices for working at heights Level 3 Credits 3
- NZQA 25045 Employ height safety equipment in the workplace Level 3 Credits 4
Key learning outcomes of working at height course (as per unit standard):
NZQA 23229: Using a safety harness for personal fall prevention when working at height (pre-requisite for Unit 15757 and Unit 17600);
- Identifying hazards associated with the wearing of a safety harness and associated equipment while working at height.
- Identifying the different parts of a safety harness and how to check for faults associated with a harness and associated equipment for people who want to work at height.
- Fitting a height safety harness in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
- Using a safety harness where a fall hazard exists at height
- Implementing a rescue plan in the event of a fall from height.
NZQA 15757: Use, install and disestablish proprietary fall arrest systems when working at height.
This height safety course is designed for people who need to use proprietary fall arrest systems for safe access to complete tasks when they are working at height.
Key learning outcomes of height safety course (15757)
- Identifying anchor points and prepare to install a proprietary fall arrest systems for safety at height
- Installing horizontal and vertical temporary proprietary fall arrest systems while working at height
- Using proprietary fall arrest systems
- Disestablishing proprietary fall arrest systems
NZQA 17600 Explaining safe work practices for working at heights Level 3 Credits 3
Key learning outcomes of height safety training (17600)
- Explaining the legislative requirements associated with working at heights
- Explaining the systems suitable for working at heights
NZQA 25045 Employ height safety equipment in the workplace Level 3 Credits 4
Key learning outcomes of height safety training (25045)
- Identify the common types of height safety equipment employed on height work in the workplace
- Identify suitable height work equipment
- Identify suitable anchor points for fall and arrest systems
- Employ height safety equipment in a workplace environment
- Plan rescue techniques and emergency procedures for working at height in the workplace
To remain compliant with Health & Safety legislation and industry ‘good practice’ guidelines, trainees are generally required to refresh their heights unit standards training every 2 years. On successful completion of the course the trainee’s wallet card will be updated and reissued with a new refresher date for the heights unit standards they hold. (Please note that unit standards are not awarded or uploaded to NZQA on refresher training as attendees can only refresh units they already hold).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS