Height Safety Courses
US 23229/15757/17600 – $450 per trainee + GST
Working at height refresher or US 23229 – $230 per trainee + GST
Working at height course purpose
- Height Safety trainees undertaking this training will gain knowledge to enable them to work safely at height.
- The working at height training comprises of both theory and practical activities. The height safety training course will cover requirements under the Health and Safety in Employment (HSE) Act 1992 and HSE Regulations 1995 and Best Practice Guidelines for Working at Height.
- ACT Safety Ltd pride themselves in being able to provide height safety training to ensure competency for people to work at height safely.
Working at height unit standards: Duration 16 hours
- US 23229 Use a safety harness for personal fall prevention when working at height (prerequisite for 15757 and 17600) Level 3 Credits 4
- US 15757 Use, install, and disestablish proprietary fall arrest systems when working at height Level 3 Credits 4
- US 17600 Explain safe work practices for working at heights Level 3 Credits 3
Key learning outcomes of working at height course (as per unit standard):
Unit US 23229: Using a safety harness for personal fall prevention when working at height (pre-requisite for US 15757 and US 17600);
- Identify hazards associated with the wearing of a safety harness and associated equipment while working at height.
- Identify the different parts of a safety harness and how to check for faults associated with a harness and associated equipment for people who want to work at height.
- Fit a height safety harness in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions
- Use a safety harness where a fall hazard exists at height
- Implement a rescue plan in the event of a fall from height.
Unit US 15757: Use, install and disestablish proprietary fall arrest systems when working at height
This height safety course is designed for people who need to use proprietary fall arrest systems for safe access to complete tasks when they working at height
Key learning outcomes of height safety course (US 15757)
- Identify anchor points and prepare to install a proprietary fall arrest systems for safety at height
- Install horizontal and vertical temporary proprietary fall arrest systems while working at height.
- Use proprietary fall arrest systems
- Disestablish proprietary fall arrest systems
US 17600 Explain safe work practices for working at heights Level 3 Credits 3
Key learning outcomes of height safety training (US 17600)
- Explain the legislative requirements associated with working at heights.
- Explain the systems suitable for working at heights.