Breathing Apparatus Courses
We offer the following Breathing Apparatus courses:
Unit 25044 Wear and operate compressed air breathing apparatus in the workplace. People credited with this unit standard are able to
- Describe the safe operation of a compressed air breathing apparatus
- Prepare, test, and recommission CABA equipment
- Wear and monitor a CABA
- Implement emergency procedures.
Unit 3272 Wear and operate breathing apparatus in general emergencies.
This unit standard is for fire and rescue personnel in situations requiring the use of self-contained breathing apparatus (BA) primarily for rescue and limited fire attack. People credited with this unit standard are able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of BA and its effects on the physiology of the human body
- Wear the BA in actual or practical simulated conditions
- Manage the BA for safe use and survivability
- Shut down and recommission the BA.